Business Administration and Management
If you're interested in developing a career in business management in the Technology Industry then our Business Administration and Management Apprenticeship is right up your street. This Apprenticeship role focusses on the providing you with the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to manage all areas of our business including Financial Management, HR, Project and Operational Management as well as Sales and Marketing Management.
The Apprenticeship is delivered as a three stage learning process, starting with a broad role supporting the management of wide parts of the business, and then later you'll have the opportunity to specialise in the area of the business which interests you.
- Stage 1: Zero to Hero course with our Level 3 Business Administration and Management Apprenticeship (approx 1 year)
- Stage 2: Debt Free Degree from the Open University resulting in an BA (Hons) in Management Practice and Chartered Manager Status (approx 3 years)
- Stage 3: Fully funded MBA Programme with the Open University
This isn't a technical role, you don't need to be a geek or coder to succeed in this role. You do need to have an interest in the technology industry, and how technology can be used to improve the businesses of our clients. You also need to be detailed and process focussed in order to keep the cogs turning at Carbon Six HQ.
During your first year you'll fill a broad role supporting the management of wide areas of our business. Typically we'd expect you be involved in the following areas and
- Financial administration management
- Scanning and processing inbound purchases, allocating account codes, and publishing to accounts;
- Reconciling bank accounts and credit cards;
- Producing payment schedules;
- Credit control;
- Cash flow forecasting;
- Project Office administration and mangement
- Monitoring Project Management compliance against processes;
- Supporting the Project Manager with task and resource management;
- Managing the library of project documentation;
- Supporting the Project Manager with risk and issue management;
- Project Management of smaller projects ensuing projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the right level of quality;
- Producing monthly reports of project profitability;
- Sales office administration and management
- Monitoring Sales compliance against process;
- Supporting the Account Manager with planning and managing large sales opportunities;
- Managing the sales process for smaller sales opportunities;
- Producing monthly reports on sales effectiveness
- Marketing administration
- Supporting the Account Manager with Social Media;
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of our content marketing plan;
- Planning and managing marketing events;
- Producing monthly reports on marketing effectiveness
As your knowledge, skills and experience develop we will provide you with opportunities to specialise, focussing more on Project Management, Sales and Marketing or Finance as your interests, and our business needs develop.
Apprentices benefit in so many ways from the investment they make in their career:
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration (equivalent to A-level educational level)
- Industry recognised qualifications:
- BCS Certificate in Agile Practices (Foundation)
- Salary: £10,000 per annum
- 28 Days Holiday
Our Level 3 Business Administration and Management Apprenticeship is an investment in the future. It's is the beginning of a career in Management of Technology Businesses that is recognised by industry employers as a reliable first step. The next step in our management career path is a Degree Apprenticeship, which could see you deepen your management skills, gaining a BA (Hons) in Management Practice from the Open University with £0 student debt. All while continuing in a full time job at Carbon Six Digital.
If you're interested in starting your career in technology management through the Business Administration and Management Apprenticeship at Carbon Six Digital then give us your name and email address and we'll send you some more information.