Senior Full Stack Developer
The Senior Full Stack Developer will be responsible for the design, build and support of complex, world class web sites and webapps using Umbraco and Hubspot CMS.FIND OUT MORE
Purpose of the role
The Senior Full Stack Developer accountable for the delivery of large and complex software systems and components on time, on budget and to acceptable levels of quality within our agreed processes and will be a leading member of the development team designing, building and testing code. You will substantially contribute to our development processes, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and used consistently. You may also be responsible for senior technical leadership, acting as a technical design authority on projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for the delivery of large and complex design, development, testing and deployment tasks of projects and requests for service to agreed requirements and timescales;
- Responsible for owning and resolving support requests while acting as the nominated Support Agent;
- Contribute to the technical architecture for projects;
- Be the technical lead on defined projects as required;
- Report progress to the Technical Project Manager and Development Manager and escalate risks and issues as appropriate;
- Support the Director in the Sales process including attending pre-sales meetings as required;
- Contribute to the learning and development of team members.
Learning and development
The employee will be required to manage their ongoing learning and development of technical, service management and leadership skills.
We will provide opportunities to become an Umbraco Certified Master and Hubspot Certified Developer within 3-months of joining us, with more training opportunities, driven by you, throughout your time with us. This could include a Computing or Management Degree through our Degree Apprenticeship Programme if you currently don't hold a First or Masters Degree.
The following specification defines the knowledge, skills and experience of someone that was fully meeting the role. We don't expect someone new into the role to demonstrate all of these, but obviously the more of these key points you can demonstrate the better.
In general the employee will be expected to operate at SFIA Level 4, and be capable of demonstrating a wide range of skills and behaviours. Critical skills in this role are: (all at SFIA Level 4)
- Data analysis (DTAN)
- Requirements definition and management (REQM)
- System Design (DESN)
- Database/repository design (DBDS)
- Programming / Software development (PROG)
- Testing (TEST)
- Systems integration (SINT)
- Porting (PORT)
- Systems installation and decommissioning (HSIN)
- Change Management (CHMG)
- Release Management (RELM)
- Application support (ASUP)
Knowledge and experience
The Developer will be able to demonstrate experience of delivering projects using the following technologies:
- C# .net MVC
- Umbraco or Hubspot
- Experience in SOLID principles.
- SQL and SQL Server knowledge
- Experience with Azure Portal and DevOps or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with WebAPI and integrating third party API's
- Frameworks: like NPM, Yarn, Node, Gulp, Bootstrap (or Foundation or Tailwind CSS)
- Source control: Git
- Design tools: Photoshop, XD
The Developer will be able to demonstrate experience of managing key front-end issues such as:
- Performance optimisation, including Lighthouse and Core Web Vitals; and
- Search Engine Optimisation
The Developer may also demonstrate knowledge or experience of the following technologies:
- Experience with .net core
- CSS: BEM, Sourcemaps
- Frameworks: Framework, WebPack, CSSloader, Nunjucks/Mustache, Babel, BrowserSync, or Gridsome / Nuxt.js / Next.js, Jamstack
If you're interested in developing your career as a Senior Full Stack Developer at Carbon Six Digital we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and we’ll either invite you to a telephone interview as a first step..