You can download a PDF version of the information on this page
We’re looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate will have superior user interface design skills. They should also have a keen eye for well thought-out, clean and artful web design.
The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
You’ll join our team on pitches and projects using your creative design skills and you’ll have the opportunity to raise your professional profile in the Umbraco community.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Create designs that bring user friendliness and simplicity to complex requirements
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present designs to peers, clients and stakeholders
- Contribute to and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
The must haves:
- Proven work experience as a web designer
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in wire-framing and prototyping tools
- Excellent visual design skills on responsive web
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
The nice to haves:
- Knowledge of and experience in mobile app development
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall development environments
- Knowledge of latest web trends, techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of and experience in video
If any part of this is piqued your interest or whet your appetite to find out more then send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know more about you and why you're interested.
Team chemistry is key to our culture and success and as such we really care about it. It’s why we want to make the process as transparent and open as possible (it happens to be one of our core values!).
Our experience has taught us this process is about finding if we’re a good fit for you and vice-versa. That’s why we take a deliberate approach to hiring. Most of the stages below are video call and sometimes in-person meetings.
Stage 1 - Intro interview
Informal chat and some pre-set questions.
Stage 2 - Main interview with senior team member
Chance to have a more in-depth conversation to find out more about each other and your previous experience and complete a short task.
Stage 3 - Meet our Director
Final stage discussion with our Director about the company and the role (although you’ll have probably met before this point!)
We'll review and respond to all applications we receive. Thanks for reading!