UMBRACO UPGRADE SERVICES
A fixed price upgrade to the latest version of Umbraco 7 or Umbraco 8 by Carbon Six Digital will inject a new lease of life into your site, ensuring that it’s safe and secure, is compliant with appropriate legislation, with the added benefit of extending its lifetime by a substantial period of time.CONTACT US
Why Upgrade to Umbraco 7 or 8?
Umbraco has been a go-to platform for Enterprise and Startup websites and apps for over a decade, and early releases of Umbraco 7, some as much as 5 years old, are beginning to show their age. However, the latest Umbraco 7 releases (currently 7.15.3) are incredibly stable, fast and secure.
With the advent of Umbraco 8.1 it is now possible to upgrade a site to Umbraco 8, but this is a substantial undertaking as most of the custom code that has been written for your site will almost definitely be required. That doesn't mean to say that an upgrade to Umbraco 8 isn't beneficial, but the costs and benefits do need to be carefully balanced.
SHOULD I UPGRADE TO UMBRACO 8?
When to Upgrade Your Umbraco Version
For sites that were last upgraded prior to September 2018, upgrading to Umbraco release 7.15.3 will provide protection against critical security vulnerabilities announced by Umbraco.
Sites that haven't been patched for a few years may be suffering from a number of critical security vulnerabilities.
If your site has a responsive Grid-Based Layout, you may benefit from the new features in Umbraco 8.7, such as the new Block List Editor.
HOW TO UPGRADE FROM UMBRACO 7 TO 8
UMBRACO AND GDPR
If your site processes personal data and hasn't been upgraded since the introduction of GDPR in April 2018, an upgrade will ensure GDPR compliance in the core of Umbraco as well as Umbraco Forms. Furthermore, if your site processes personal information of Californian citizens it may be subject to the new CCPA regulations, and will also benefit from updates to the latest Privacy features.
Fixed Price Upgrades For Umbraco
- Take a copy of your existing source code and current live Umbraco site;
- Upgrade the site to the latest stable version of Umbraco 7 or 8;
- Deploy the site on our development servers for you to review;
- Undertake a comprehensive test of the front-end and back-end to ensure that it works successfully in Umbraco;
- Fix any issues that arise as a result of the upgrade process;
- Submit the upgraded code to your source code repository;
- Apply the upgrade to your live hosting.
While the following won’t be undertaken as part of the fixed price upgrade, we can undertake any of these activities and provide a quote for doing these as needed:
- Resolve any issues that existed in the site before the upgrade;
- Replace or refactor any Umbraco Plugins that aren't compatible with the newer version of Umbraco;
- Refactor any custom code that isn't compatible with the newer version of Umbraco;
- Apply the upgrade to multiple environments.
Umbraco Upgrade Pricing
Our pricing matrix below shows the cost of undertaking the fixed price elements of the upgrade
|Current Umbraco Version||Target Umbraco Version|
|4 or 6||£1,500 ex VAT||£3,000 ex VAT|
|7||£750 ex VAT||£1,500 ex VAT|
|8||N/A||£750 ex VAT|
Book Your Umbraco Upgrade Now
If you think your Umbraco site would benefit from an upgrade to the latest version of Umbraco, get in touch today:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on 01276 817465
Speak to our experts on live chat