Fixed Price Upgrades for Umbraco
Umbraco has been a go-to platform for Enterprise and Startup websites and apps for over a decade, and early releases of Umbraco 7, some as much as 5 years old, are beginning to show their age. However, the latest Umbraco 7 releases (currently 7.13.2) are incredibly stable, fast and secure.
If you have a site built with an older version of Umbraco 7 there is currently no way to upgrade to Umbraco 8, the latest version of the CMS released in February 2019. That doesn’t mean that your site won’t still benefit from an upgrade to the latest version of Umbraco 7.
An upgrade to the latest Umbraco 7 by Carbon Six Digital will inject a new lease of life into your site, ensuring that it’s safe and secure, is compliant with appropriate legislation, with the added benefit of extending its lifetime by a substantial period of time.
Who should upgrade?
For sites that were last upgraded prior to September 2018, upgrading to Umbraco 7.13.2 will provide protection against critical security vulnerabilities announced by Umbraco. For sites that haven't been patched for a few years, your site may be suffering from a number of critical security vulnerabilities.
If your site processes personal data and hasn't been upgraded since the introduction of GDPR in April 2018, an upgrade will ensure GDPR compliance in the core of Umbraco as well as Umbraco Forms.
- Take a copy of your existing source code and current live Umbraco site;
- Upgrade the site to the latest stable version of Umbraco 7 (currently 7.13.2);
- Deploy the site on our development servers for you to review;
- Undertake a comprehensive test of the front-end and back-end to ensure that it works successfully in Umbraco;
- Fix any issues that arise as a result of the upgrade process;
- Submit the upgraded code to your source code repository;
- Apply the upgrade to your live hosting.
While the following won’t be undertaken as part of the fixed price upgrade, we can undertake any of these activities and provide a quote for doing these as needed:
- Resolve any issues that existed in the site before the upgrade;
- Replace or refactor any Umbraco Plugins that aren't compatible with Umbraco 7.13.2;
- Refactor any custom code that isn't compatible with Umbraco 7.13.2;
- Apply the upgrade to multiple environments.
- £750 ex VAT: Upgrade any Umbraco 7 site to Umbraco 7.13.2
- £1,500 ex VAT: Upgrade any Umbraco 6 or Umbraco 4 site to Umbraco 7.13.2
If you think your Umbraco site would benefit from an upgrade to the latest version of Umbraco 7, email us at email@example.com or call us on 01276 817465. Alternatively, use our chat window at the bottom of the screen.