UMBRACO HEALTH CHECK SERVICE
Does your Umbraco website need an MOT? Maybe it’s misbehaving, seems buggy, or is just simply not performing as expected? Fear not, help is at hand. Whether your site is 1 year old or 10 years old, our full-site Health Check goes under the hood to audit every aspect of your site and report back on exactly what’s right and where there may be opportunities for improvement that ultimately could equate to better results for your business.
About Our Umbraco Health Check Service
Whether you’re in a technical or marketing function, you’re here because you want to ensure your site is delivering on your marketing and business objectives. This is where our health check service can help. Our Umbraco Website Health Check Service is a comprehensive review into every aspect of your website operation – from a code review to its hosting, the CMS to the UX and SEO to security as well as any external system integrations. A health check can be performed as often as you see fit to continually assess opportunities and the report is invaluable if you may be considering upgrading or re-building your site.
Carried out by our technical team which includes Umbraco Certified Masters and Professionals, our full Health Check usually takes around 3-5 days to complete depending on the complexity of your site. From here, we will provide you with a detailed report highlighting the urgency of any issues found and recommendations for improvements. All our reports include fixed-price estimates for any work that may be deemed necessary to bring your site up to the right standards. However, any work that needs to be carried out can be planned in a flexible and cost-effective way.
Our Site Review Process
We use a process driven approach where we will:
- Obtain any relevant documentation associated with the site, including function and technical specs, test plans, and specifications and management plans;
- Document the current high-level functional and technical design specification of the site, (including versions of Umbraco and Package dependencies);
- Document the infrastructure used to host the site, including details of servers and their location, as well as configuration, infrastructure and installed software;
- Obtain the latest source code from the code repository, in addition to a copy of the latest production content database, and any associated custom databases;
- Build the source code and attempt to run the site on a local developer machine, running through all key functional areas;
- Step through the key functional areas’ code and document its quality;
- Review and document site performance from both a back-end and front-end perspective;
- Identify the processes used to manage source code in the repository;
- Identify and document current work in progress and any current backlog of work requests;
- Identify and document the process for managing work requests as well as deployments to the production environment.
When complete we produce a Rapid Response Umbraco Health Check Report documenting the key findings from above as well as providing advice and guidance on ways to minimise site ownership costs alongside costs for software and infrastructure, while maintaining performance and uptime requirements.
Our Site Health Checks in Action
Carbon Six Digital Worked with international charity, Amnesty International to perform a health check prior to transferring the support of their website from their existing supplier to a new Umbraco Gold Partner agency. Through conducting a site review, we assessed whether the site was set up using best practices and whether there were any areas of weakness that needed attention. Take a look at what we found and how we helped Amnesty International by reading the full case study.
Book Your Umbraco Health Check Today
Based in the South-East, we work with clients from a range of sectors with different business needs. As Umbraco specialists, we have the expertise to ensure your site delivers the results you are after – working with our clients for years, not months due to providing reliable and robust solutions.
Call: 01276 817465
Alternatively, you can use the chat window in the bottom right of the screen, or fill in your details below and one of our team will get in contact as soon as possible to discuss your project.