UMBRACO SSO INTEGRATION
When Umbraco is integrated with your company's SAML Single Sign on infrastructure your site visitors benefit by having one less password to remember, and your site becomes more secure and easier to manage.
We've developed SAML Integrations for many companies, and can advise on SAML integration architectures and implement security plug-ins on new sites as well as retro-fitting existing sites.CONTACT US
Benefits of SAML Single Sign On
SAML Single Sign On makes Umbraco sites safer because:
- Users have fewer passwords to remember, so they're less likely to write down passwords;
- Identity Providers can use strong authentication, such as Two-Factor Authentication 2FA, which isn't supported in Umbraco;
- Access to Umbraco can be revoked easily when an employee leaves an organisation, which reduces the likelihood of misuse or even data breaches by ex-employees.
While natively Umbraco doesn't support SAML, Carbon Six Digital have developed SAML based integrations with systems including Ping Identity, Okta and Last Pass. We are able to develop bespoke packages for clients that take into account their particular SAML requirements including:
- Identity Provider Initiated (IdP Initiated) or Service Provider Initiated (SP Initiated) Single Sign On;
- Support for Single Sign Out;
- Support for SAML SSO Umbraco Members and Users;
- Support for multiple Identity Providers, so called Multi-tenanted SAML environments;
- Automated provisioning of new users; and
- Mapping user assertions to Umbraco security group permissions.
- What is Single Sign-on?
- What is SAML?
- Does Umbraco support SAML Single Sign-on?
- Can you support Multi-tenanted SAML environments in Umbraco?
Harwood's boost employee productivity with SSO
When Carbon Six Digital built a new Intranet for Harwood's Group, a privately owned premium automotive retail brand in the South of England, Harwood's chose to implement SAML Single Sign On using Okta to reduce complexity and boost productivity.
Watch Carbon Six Digital Technical Director Paul Marden talk about the Harwoods Project at Umbraco Poland Festival.
Find out more
See where we've spoken or written about SAML Integration with Umbraco:
- Paul's talk at Umbraco Poland Festival 2017 about building an Intranet for Harwoods Group, included a discussion of SAML Integration using Okta, see the YouTube Video from 6:47.
- Paul's talk at Umbraco US Festival 2017 also covered SAML Integration during the Harwoods Project.
- Paul wrote about SAML Integration with Umbraco in Skrift.
We've also written SAML articles in our Blog including:
- Integrating SAML Single Sign On into Umbraco; and
- Implementing corporate single sign-on with Umbraco - a case study from the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Tell us about your Project
If you'd like to talk to us more about Umbraco SAML Integration give us a call on 01276 817465 or use the chat window in the bottom right of the screen. Alternatively, fill in your details below and one of our team will get in contact as soon as possible.