Umbraco Rapid Response Health Check
If your Umbraco site hasn't been well cared for, isn't performing or your concerned about security vulnerabilities, then our Rapid Response Health Check is for you. We’re Carbon Six Digital, Umbraco experts with Gold Partner status. Our Rapid Response Health Check provides a light touch review to ensure your site doesn't suffer from the most common Umbraco issues we see.
Our Umbraco Rapid Response Health Check is a short review of your website operation. We review your cloud-based technical architecture, hosting and Umbraco CMS. We will identify key vulnerabilities and weaknesses which may be affecting your system and provide you with a short report with our recommendations. We will also include fixed-price estimates for remediation work necessary to bring your site up to scratch.
If you have a large or complex website, with high availability requirements or complex integrations with Third Party Systems then our Full Site Health Check will provide much deeper insights, identification of complex issues and a thorough risk assessment.
Our Rapid Response Health Check usually takes around 1 day to complete over the duration of a week and is carried out by our technical team, which includes Umbraco Certified Masters and Umbraco Certified Experts.
The key steps are:
- High level review of functionality of the system;
- Document versions of Umbraco and Package dependencies;
- Ensure that Umbraco is patched to the most appropriate level, e.g. ensure Flexible Load Balanced sites avoid known issues;
- Ensure that Packages are patched to the most appropriate level;
- High level review of the hosting infrastructure, including servers, infrastructure software and version numbers;
- Identify the latest source code from the code repository, and ensure that effective processes are in place for managing source code;
- Identify at a high level if the site follows Umbraco best practice for site structure and coding conventions;
- Reviewing and documenting site performance from both a back end and front end perspective;
- Identify significant security vulnerabilities in infrastructure software, Umbraco and front-end development frameworks;
- Identify if the site is subject to established information security compliance standards including:
- Does the site process Personal, Special Category or other data protected by GDPR including Criminal Conviction data protected by Article 10 of GDPR;
- Does the site process payment card information within the scope of PCI-DSS;
- Ensure compliance with GDPR that the site maintains basic principles of Security by Default and Security by Design;
The key deliverable our Rapid Response Health Check Report which documents the key findings from above as well as providing advice and guidance on ways to minimise site ownership costs, as well as those for software and infrastructure, while maintaining performance and uptime requirements.
When a leading international client decided to transfer the support for their highly trafficked website from their existing supplier to a new Umbraco Gold Partner, they commissioned us to review it first. Our analysis found that the site was essentially sound, and well built in accordance with Umbraco best practice. But we were able to highlight significant weaknesses around processes and controls, as well as a lack of clarity about who was responsible for which elements of support. This meant there was a significant risk of delays in restoring the system if it was hit by a significant event. Our report was then used by the client to commence a process to procure new development partners for their site.
What our customers say...
"Carbon Six Digital have been excellent in supporting the migration of our existing websites away from our old supplier and in setting up two new websites. Their health check was really helpful and they have been extremely supportive throughout the process, which on occasions has been rather challenging due to the way the sites had been maintained previously. Their professional and informative approach made light work of what could have been a very difficult and disruptive process. We now feel confident that our websites are in safe hands."
"Carbon Six Digital carried out a health check of our Umbraco website. This was somewhat challenging given the lack of existing documentation, and logistical challenges with providing access to the full source code. Carbon were very professional in their approach and provided a level of detail and insight that went beyond our expectations given the cost and length of the engagement. This gave us a much better of picture of the state of our website, allowing us to plan our support and development road map in a way that wasn't possible prior to the review."
If you think your Umbraco site could use some help, email or call us now to discuss how we can help 01276 817465, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our chat window at the bottom of the screen to get in touch.